Thursday, July 4, 2013

Start of Summer... ugh!

Hello...welcome to my blog "The Cunningham Three."  You can get an introduction to my three Autistic children and myself by clicking on the "about" link.

In the meantime, I thought I'd start off my weekday journal by posting Cameron's baseball  picture.  This was his first year in "Spirit League" and it was an inspiring experience.  I recommend that everyone, everywhere have this type of program.  You can read more about them on their FB page by typing in "Spirit League" or visiting "spiritleague.org."  

I don't know about you but I'm already having a tough time with school being out.  There is one month of summer school for my boys but other than that it's just therapy.  It's the lack of variety that bothers me.  I want to be able to get some things done that I've been putting off for way too long but I keep getting interrupted.  I do like the fact that there's not a lot of pressure to be somewhere at a certain time but for the kiddos it's much harder.  They thrive on the school routine.  I've looked at "Pinterest" for different (inexpensive) children activities and I've been impressed.  There are some very talented/creative people out there.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for academic studies during the summer.  My kids will be going into 2nd, 1st & Pre-K (2nd year).  My 2nd grader doesn't know how to read yet and it's very hard to get him to even try (yes, we've implemented all kinds of different reward systems).  I think we are doing too much too fast.  We need to break things down more.  


I think I'll start off short and sweet today.  Trying to get used to writing down my thoughts 5 days a week.  

Thanks for stopping by...have a blessed day.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment